- How do i fix titles and text being single quoted ?
- Why do no images appear when using fetch ?
- How do I install VCD-db ?
- Why can't I upload images to my MSSQL database ?
- After installation, I only get a blank page. What's up with that?
- Where can i subscribe to new VCD-db releases ?
- With what Players is the "Play function" known to work with ?
- How do I enable the LDAP authentication module ?
- ADOSchema failed while executing schema
- I get a blank page when exporting movies/thumbnail gunzipped
To change this behavior open your php.ini and change the following values ..
magic_quotes_gpc = Off
magic_quotes_runtime = Off
If you do not have access to change the php.ini, such as if you are running vcddb at your ISP.
An alternative might work .. First create a file in the vcddb root folder called .htaccess (the dot in front is not a typo)
Edit the file and add these two lines ..
php_value magic_quotes_gpc 0
php_value magic_quotes_runtime 0
Make sure that your php settings allow file being opened from the web.
Edit your php.ini and set "allow_url_fopen" = On
Restart Apache and try again.
Install guide is provided with VCD-db when you download it.
You can also read it here.
File upload must be set on in the php.ini and maxfile size should be set to at least 2mb for non rejected image uploads.
Be sure that magic_quotes are off, they can corrupt binary streams to the database.
Limits in the php.ini should be changed from 4096 (which is default) to at least 1mb, can be more ...
otherwise the read from the db will fail.
Change these settings in your php.ini file
mssql.textlimit = 2147483647
mssql.textsize = 2147483647
This happens when you are running PHP in safe mode.
If you have access to change the php.ini file, then change this value ..
safe_mode = Off
I am currently trying to find out exactly what the problem is with safe mode enabled,
and hopefully fix this for future release of VCD-db.
You can subscribe to VCD-db default branch on freshmeat.net and
you can subscribe to VCD-db file releases on Sourceforge.net
The Play function only works with Internet Explorer, so obviously the following programs are all win32 applications.
Here is a list of programs that are confirmed to work with the play function.
- Windows Media Player
- Apple Quicktime Player
- Cyberlink PowerDVD
To enable LDAP Authentication you must edit the file 'classes/VCDConstants.php' and make the following changes.
- Set LDAP_AUTH to 1
- Set LDAP_HOST to your directory IP or server address
- Set LDAP_BASEDN to match your Base DN on the Directory Server
- Set LDAP_AD to 1 only if you are using Windows Active Directory Server as LDAP server
- And if so Set LDAP_DOMAIN to your windows domain name.
Then save the file, reload your page and login with your domain account.
When running the installer, this message appears when failures come up creating the VCD-db tables and core data.
In most cases the reason is that the supplied user account to the database does not have priviledges to create tables in the database.
Be sure you are using an username to your database that has suffcient priviledges.
If that is not the case, please report the issue on the VCD-db forum with additional information such as OS/DMBS type and version and any information found in the apache log or any other error output you can find.
The tar process uses alot of memory and with bigger datasets the memory consumptions gets bigger.
If you get the blank page during export, you will need to increase the memory limit in the php.ini
Try changing ini setting in php ini to memory_limit = 128M
That should do the trick.